5/10/11

iPods and Other Things I Don't Have

I don't have a Kindle (or a Nook, or a Sony e-Reader, or whatever the latest e-book-reader is).

I doubt I will get a Kindle for a very long time. Because I don't even have an iPod. And they came out ten years ago.

It's not that I live in the Dark Ages. I've worked on high-speed processing Macs, and my current laptop, though an Acer, is fast. It runs Windows 7. I love Windows 7. I have a touch-screen phone, though it's not any recognizable model and came free with the phone plan.

But I don't have an iPod. I've never really had the money, and there's always something I want more when Christmas comes around. I do have a 1G mp3 player that I got a long time ago, and I recently bought a 8G memory card for my phone so that it can play all my music...but only through its speakers. It has no headphone jack; for that I'd have to buy a convertor.

Where is this rambling going? It will be a very long time before I have a Kindle. Reason #1 Because, after 10 years, I still don't have an iPod. If the past can predict the present, I may never have a Kindle. Reason #2 is coming tomorrow.

Do you have an iPod? Do you have a Kindle? ...searching for a correlation, here...

3 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

I have none of those things. Nor do I have a cell phone with a camera. I don't know how to text either, so it would be frivolous.

I don't have a laptop, have no idea what an mpg 3 player is, and Acer is a foreign language.

The point -- If I wait a few more years, something new and better will come out and all these things might be cheap enough for me to buy. Maybe.

Meredith said...

I do have an ipod, but I don't have a kindle or nook. However you can check out nooks at the library near my house. You just have to sign this paper that says if you break it you have to pay for it. So, I've checked out books from the library. It's quite nice actually.

-Meredith
Mint Tea and A Good Book

Alex said...

i had an iPod, but it got stolen right out of my backpack during PE (which is a very low blow, honestly). I had an MP3, but it drowned tragically. But my phone has Pandora radio on it, so I'm content with having no iPod nor MP3 player.

I have a desktop computer that runs like a champ, but unfortunately, if I have to go anywhere that has no computer, I have to haul it around everywhere. But I'm happy with the few tech items I have. (oh, and no Nooks or Kindles. I had an E-reader, but in all honesty, I just love actual books too much).